Skip to main content

Improve Yourself

Here is an interesting, but meaningful story:


On a farm just about the size of an average room a farmer was working his land, not very energetically, when his foot hit a bottle. He bent over to pick it up in a genie came out. The genie said, “I will give you one wish.” The farmer said, “You see this piece of land I have? It is very small, it does not grow very much grass and I have a cow which gives very little milk. I have chickens and they lay very few eggs.  Maybe one each.  My slob of a wife is lousy at keeping house and I have three delinquent children. A few kilometers down the road I have a neighbor. He has a piece of land the same size as mine. His cow gives a lot of milk. His chickens lay eggs every day. His wife is gorgeous and runs a beautiful household and they have three children who are terrific.  I want you to make him like me.”

 

Sometimes instead of improving ourselves we want others to be diminished.  This is not the Godly, Jewish, way.  We should always strive to grow, become better people and more learned every day.

Do not curse others, seek blessing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?