Skip to main content

Hope for Peace

A large turtle once stood on the shores of the Suez about to swim across.
     A scorpion approached and politely inquired, "Mr. Turtle, can you please give me a ride across on your back?"
     "Why can't you fly across yourself?"
     "I can't," responded the scorpion. "I recently lost two of my wings in a fight. I need a ride."
     "Okay. Promise not to sting me?"
     "Of course not. I need you to get safely across."
     Midway across, the scorpion suddenly plunged its needle into the neck of the swimming turtle.
     "What did you do?" yelled the turtle. "You poisoned me! Now we'll both drown."
     "Logically, you are quite correct," responded the scorpion. "But this is the Middle East. There is no logic here."

Still, we never lose hope.  One day the lion will lie with the lamb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?