Skip to main content

The Gift of Listening

I've heard of the rainbows
Of the stars
Of the play of light on the waves
These I would like to see.
But far more than sight
I wish for my ears
To be opened
To the voice of a friend
the happy, busy noises of community,
The imaginations of Mozart.
Life without these is darker by far
Than blindness.”  -Helen Keller

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?