Skip to main content

To Say "Thank You" and Mean It

Sally Fields won an Oscar for her performance in “Places in the Heart.”  At her acceptance, she said, “The first time  [I won an Oscar] I hardly felt it because it was so new.  I wanted more than anything else to have your respect.  This time I feel I have it and I can’t deny the fact that you like me – right now. You like me!”

To be liked, appreciated.  Isn’t this what we all want and need?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?