Rabbi Yossi once stopped to pray in a broken building in Israel. Elijah the prophet waited for him to finish and then asked, “What did you hear in this building?”
The rabbi answered, “I heard a heavenly voice which chirps like a dove and chants: “Woe to Me ! Oh, My children. For their sins I have destroyed My house, burned My holy Sanctum and exiled Israel among the nations.”
Elijah replied: “I swear that this voice speaks not once but three times each day. Furthermore, when Jews in synagogue recite, yehay shmay rabbah…” God nods His head and says, “Happy is the king who is exalted in His house.”
Why does the Father exile His children?
”Woe to those children exiled from the fathers table.”
No parent wants to punish the child. In fact, when they send them to the room without dinner it is the parent that greatly suffers.
Comments