Skip to main content

Birthdays

A friend called in response to an invitation to help Benjamin Franklin celebrate his sixty-ninth birthday.
“But,” said the friend,, “what does this mean, Benjamin?  I helped you celebrate your seventieth birthday last year.”
“Yes I know,” said Franklin. “But I concluded that if I were to go on in the way Ii have been going there was not future for me.  So, I decided to turn around and go the other way.”

Age brings us closer to our end.  Better sometimes is to look backward in order to look forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?