There is an old legend
concerning the pious Jew whose children were hungry and poorly clothed. He
continually prayed to God for help. One day and angel appeared and informed him
that God had heard his petitions. He will receive a great some of money, but on
one condition - that it keep it for a decade and upon the expiration of that
period, he must return it without complaint.
The man accepted. He walked into
his little kitchen and on the table there was a bag of gold. He soon became a
prosperous businessman and gave much charity to the poor. Every man who needed
help would come to him.
The 10 years passed quickly,
and the angel reappeared and said, “Are you ready to part with your money?” The
man replied: “I have the bag of gold prepared. Before you take it, I have only
one request to make. Promise me that you
will give it to a person who will use the money better than I did. The angel
reflected, and then announced: “I know of no one who could’ve used the gold
better. Keep it and continue your good works.”
I would say to our President:
“Show another people who will keep Jerusalem open and will continue to make it
center for spirituality, culture and brotherhood. For that reason alone, the
integrity of Jerusalem must never be compromised.” - unknown
Comments