Skip to main content

Israel

It was 1937, and I was leaving Palestine after my first visit.  As I looked out the window of the seaplane preparing for takeoff from the waters of Haifa bay, the man seated next to me introduced himself: “I am Rabbi Meir Berlin, leader of the Mizrahi.  I see that you are having a last look at Eretz Yisrael.  Do you plan to return?”
I turned to hom and answered, “Im yirtzeh Hashem.”  He then responded “Certainly G-d wants you to return.  The rest is up to you.”  -Rabbi Judah Nadich


Is it your turn? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?