Skip to main content

The Meaning of Love Your Neighbor


Whatever I want for myself,
 I want the same for that other person.
  And whatever I do not want for myself or my friends,
 I do not want for that other person.
 This is the meaning of the verse, “And you shall love the other person as yourself.”   (Leviticus 19:18) , Maimonides, Sefer HaMitzvot


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?