Skip to main content

Past + Future = Present

Well before the birth of Israel, Ben-Gurion was approached with a partition plan that would give the Jews a small portion of land for their own. Ben-Gurion turned to a friend, Yitshak Tabenkin, an advisor as well as colleague. He asked for his advice. Tabenkin told Ben-Gurion that he needed counsel from his most trusted sources before answering.

The next day Tabenkin informed Ben-Gurion that he should not accept the position.

“Who are your confidantes?” asked Ben-Gurion. He said, “I asked my grandfather and I asked my grandson. I asked my grandfather who died 10 years ago and I asked my grandson who is yet to be born.”

Our past tells us what we must do. Our future tells us what we must consider.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?