A philanthropist on entering a Jewish restaurant noticed a schnorrer, to whom he had given alms that very morning, regaling himself with a dish of smoked salmon.
"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" he asked. "This morning you came to beg from me, and this evening I find you in an expensive restaurant eating smoked salmon."
-"Well what do you expect? When I haven't any money, I can't eat smoked salmon. When I have got money, I mustn't eat smoked salmon. When am I supposed to eat smoked salmon?" -Friday Nite Book
The truth of our faith is that one who is impoverished deserves to have no less than you.
"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" he asked. "This morning you came to beg from me, and this evening I find you in an expensive restaurant eating smoked salmon."
-"Well what do you expect? When I haven't any money, I can't eat smoked salmon. When I have got money, I mustn't eat smoked salmon. When am I supposed to eat smoked salmon?" -Friday Nite Book
The truth of our faith is that one who is impoverished deserves to have no less than you.
Comments