Three sons of a Yiddishe Mama left their homeland, went abroad and
prospered. They discussed the gifts they were able to give their old mother.
Avraham, the first son, said: "I built a big house for our mother."
Moishe, the second son, said: "I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."
David, the youngest son, said: "You remember how our mother enjoys
reading the bible. Now she can't see very well. I sent her a remarkable parrot
that recites the whole bible,... took the greatest rabbis 12 years to teach
him --Mama just has to name the chapter and verse and the parrot recites it."
Soon thereafter, a letter of thanks came from their mother.
"Avraham," she said, "The house you built is so huge. I live only in one
room, but I have to clean the whole house!"
"Moishe," she said, I am too old to travel. I stay most of the time at
home so I rarely use the Mercedes. And that driver has shpilkas -- he's a pain
in the tuchas."
But David," she said, "THE CHICKEN WAS DELICIOUS!"
Comments