Skip to main content

Take Your Time

A story is told about a rabbi who was once asked – why is it that when you pray you do it so quickly, but when you read the Bible you take your time, and it takes so long?

The rabbi replied, “That is because when I pray, I am speaking to God, and God must listen to the prayers of so many people throughout the world I do not want to bother Him and take up too much of His time.  But when I read the Bible, God is speaking to me, so I must do it slowly so I can hear every word and understand what God is saying to me.”

R. Stewart Weinblatt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?