Skip to main content

A View From Space

"I've learned that most problems aren't rocket science, but when they are rocket science, you should ask a rocket scientist. In other words, I don't know everything, so I've learned to seek advice and counsel and listen to experts.
I have learned that an achievement that seems to belong to one person probably has hundreds, if not thousands, of people’s work behind it, and it’s been a privilege to be the embodiment of that work.
I’ve learned that Russian has a more complex vocabulary for cursing in English, and that it also has a more complex vocabulary for friendship.
If you learned that a year in space contains a lot of contradictions. A year away from someone you love both strains the relationship and strengths it in new ways.

…. I’ve learned the grass smells great and wind feels amazing and rain is a miracle. I will try to remember how magical these things are for the rest of my life."


Scott Kelly, after a 340-day stay in orbit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?