Before Kol Nidre, the Koshnitzer Maggid stood before the holy Ark. he said,
"Lord of the Universe!
Had I known that the Messiah would not come in my days, I would have long ago surrendered my soul to Thee.
All my life was the hope that the Messiah would come soon. Now I ask You, dear God, is it nice to make a fool out of an old man like me?"
-Rabbi Morris Shapiro
When each of us comes to terms with a personal God, one whom we know and adore, will we be able to speak intimately like the Koshnitzer.
"Lord of the Universe!
Had I known that the Messiah would not come in my days, I would have long ago surrendered my soul to Thee.
All my life was the hope that the Messiah would come soon. Now I ask You, dear God, is it nice to make a fool out of an old man like me?"
-Rabbi Morris Shapiro
When each of us comes to terms with a personal God, one whom we know and adore, will we be able to speak intimately like the Koshnitzer.
Comments