Skip to main content

Which Way to Carnegie Hall?

During the Depression, at great financial sacrifice, my parents bought a piano for my twin sister and me and arranged for lessons.  For many years, Mom and Dad glowed with pride as their little twins played duets at various community functions.
Some 30 years later, Dad came over for dinner, and asked me to play the piano.  Warning that I hadn’t touched the keyboard in a long time, I consented.  As I played, I noticed tears running down Dad’s cheek.  I turned to him and said, “Was it that good, Dad?”
He sadly shook his head and replied, “All that money, shot to hell.”

-Alice Wolfe Reimche

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?