Skip to main content

Wants and Needs

A solider in the Civil War left a statement behind.  We do not know his name.  Only this piece of wisdom remains of his life:

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve.  I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.  I asked for help that I might do greater things.  I was given infirmity that I might do better things.  I asked for riches that I might be happy.  I was given poverty that I might be wise.  I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.  I was given life that I might enjoy al things.  I got nothing that I asked for, but everything that I hoped for.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?