Skip to main content

Depend on Us

On Kristallnacht Goebbels went out to view the wreckage of Jewish synagogues.  Goebbels, standing calmly on the street, watched the proceedings.
Suddenly, a taxi driver dashed up to him and tapped Goebbels on the shoulder and said, “You’d better get out before they get you.”
Defiant, Goebbels said, "Don’t you know who I am? I am Josef Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda.”

The Jew, unmoved, replied, “Well considering I just warned the last three Goebbels to hurry up and hide I suggest you do the same.”  -Albert Friedlander

In the final analysis, who can we depend upon but ourselves?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?