Skip to main content

Time and Life


Stephen Leacock observed: “The child says, ‘When I am a big boy.’ The big boy says, ‘When I grow up.’   And the grown-up, he says, ‘When I’m married. Then the thoughts change to, ’When I’m able to retire.’ And when retirement comes, he looks back over the landscape traversed; a cold wind seems to sweep over it; somehow he missed it all, and it is gone.  Life, we learn too late, is in the living, in the tissue of every day and hour.” –Rabbi Gilbert Rosenthal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?