We often think that the rich have it all. It is not necessarily so. Sometimes their burdens are equal or greater than their assets.
A well-known contractor once confided to a friend of his.
“Everybody thinks that because the contractor runs around
was always flustered, he’s doing wonderful business. They are under the
impression that he is making buckets full of gold in every enterprise he
undertakes. I tell you it isn’t true. There is not one job that one does not lose
money on. Earning a living is out of the
question completely.”
”Tell me then,” his friend asked, “where do you get so much
money if lose all the time?”
“I’ll let you in on a little secret,” the contractor
whispered. “Each time I take on a larger enterprise, so that I will have enough
money to cover the previous one.”
”But it must come to an end sometime,” the friend replied.
Sure,” replied the contractor, “with the help of God one can
suddenly drop dead right in middle of everything!”
Envy no one.
Comments