Three souls traveled to Olam HaBa (Heaven).
Before being admitted the first was
approached by an angel that asked, “Do you mind waiting?”
He responded, “No problem.
I have lots of time. I have
waited for this moment a lifetime and can certainly wait a bit longer.”
Very good,” said the angel.
“Can you spell God?”
“Sure. G O D,” he
responded.
The angel turned to the second in line. “Do you mind waiting?”
“Wait?” he repeated.
“The Talmud teaches that all life is a corridor to the great
beyond. Of course I can wait.”
"Very good. Can you spell HaShem?"
"Sure. H A S H E M."
Turning to the third the angel asked, “Do you mind waiting?”
“I have been waiting all my life. I have waited in line at the
market. I have waited at school. I waited to get into the movies. I waited my whole life. Now that I am in heaven I need to wait here
too??? Yes, I do mind!”
“OK,” responded the angel. "How do you spell Czechoslovakia?”
Comments