There were two sitting next to each other on an Egged bus in Jerusalem. They began to talk.
“Do you know Moshe Goldman?”
“Do I know Moshe Goldman? Of course I know Moishele!”
“What kind of person is he?”
“Must you ask? He is as stubborn as a mule. One who didn’t know him could easily get the idea that he was really somebody. But it takes someone a lot more clever than Moishele to fool me.”
“Must you ask? He is as stubborn as a mule. One who didn’t know him could easily get the idea that he was really somebody. But it takes someone a lot more clever than Moishele to fool me.”
“What do you really know about him?”
“Oy! What do I know about him? What I can tell you! What would you say if I told you that he borrows money and never repays it? He trades on the black market. He beats his wife. He rides on Shabbat. He even eats on Yom Kippur!”
“But how do you know all these things about him?”
“What do you mean, ‘How do I know?’ Moishele is my best friend!”
-folktale.
A funny but painful tale about how we treat our fellow.
Comments