"The toughest army, man for man, in the world today is Israel. That’s right, there’s always two Jews who get
excited when you say that. You should be
proud. I was there. I saw that army. I couldn’t believe it. I thought they were Puerto Ricans. Who do you think drove the Jewish tanks in
that war? Puerto Ricans. You think that a Jew is going to get out of his
Mercedes to drive a tank?” -Jackie Mason
“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe…. Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not. Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?
Comments