Skip to main content

Sometimes it is Good to Disappear

A story is told about General Eisenhower, who, after the Second World War, was walking one dark night to the PX when all of a sudden around the corner ran a soldier who did not watch at all what he was doing and he knocked right into the General and almost knocked him to the ground.  The General picked himself up, dusted himself off, looked at the soldier and said, "Soldier, do you know who I am?"  The soldier replied, "No, Sir."  General Eisenhower said, "I am the commanding officer of the Allied Armies.  I am General Eisenhower."  The soldier looked at him and said, "Sir, do you know who I am?"  The General replied no and the soldier said, "Thank G-d," as he ran away. 

- Rabbi Joseph Radinsky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?