Skip to main content

Look at it This Way

Soon after Henry Kissinger was appointed Secretary of State he wrote to Golda Meir, Prime Minister of Israel:
“As you know, I have been appointed Secretary of State.  I hope very much that we shall be able to work well together for the benefit of both our countries.  In order that there may be a complete understanding between us, I trust you will always be aware of my priorities, which are in this order: I am an American citizen, Secretary of State, and a Jew.”
To which Golda replied:
“Your letter makes me very happy.  Now I am sure that we shall at all times be in complete accord."

PS I am sure that you are aware that in Israel we read from right to left.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?