Skip to main content

Life

It was spring.
But it was summer I wanted,
The warm days,
And the great outdoors.

It was summer,
But it was fall I wanted,
The colorful leaves,
And the cool, dry air.

It was fall.
But it was winter I wanted,
The beautiful snow,
And the joy of the holiday season.

It was winter.
But it was spring I wanted,
The warmth,
And the blossoming of nature.

I was a child.
But it was adulthood I wanted,
The freedom,
And the respect.

I was twenty.
But it was thirty I wanted,
To be mature,
And sophisticated.

I was middle aged.
But it was twenty I wanted,
The youth,
And the free spirit.
I was retired.
But it was middle age I wanted,
The presence of mind,
Without limitations.

My life was over.
But I never got what I wanted.


Jason Lehman, “Present Tense” written when we was 14.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?