Skip to main content

Happy

As an usher in St. Mark’s Lutheran Church in Charlotte, N.C., I had the duty of giving the pastor his cloak after the service to ward of the cold as he greeted parishioners.
Every week, Miss Agnes, a retired schoolteacher and lifetime member of the church, would shake the pastor's hand and eloquently praise the sermon.  One Sunday, he jovially questioned her about his sermon’s content.  Miss Agnes failed the quiz, but refused to let him have the last word.
“I guess I’m like a wicker basket,” she said.  “If you put me down a well an bring me up, I don’t hold much water, but I feel a whole lot cleaner.” –Robert Kephart

Being in good places will have its effect on our soul.  Where we are, the people with whom we surround ourselves makes all the difference.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?