Skip to main content

Sleep at Shul

A minister had an agnostic friend with he often indulged in discussions on their respective views. The cleric kept urging for his friend to attend a religious service, hoping to be able to reach him under the most favorable conditions. Finally, the agnostic friend agreed to come and the preacher prepared and delivered a masterful sermon. 
“I must say this for your sermon; it kept me awake almost all night.”
The clergyman gloried.  “I am most happy that I finally was able to make you doubt the wisdom previous convictions.”
”Oh no!  It wasn’t at all!  You see when I nap during the day I cannot sleep at night.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?