Skip to main content

The Fear of Religion

"I am not much of a Zionist-at least not in the way Einstein is,  even though I am one of the curators of the Hebrew University in Palestine. I recognized the great emotional force, though, of the Jewish center in the world and thought it would be a rallying point for Jewish ideals.  I was afraid for a while, though, that Zionism would become the occasion for a revival of the old religion, but I have been assured by people who have been there that all the Jews are you religious. Which is a good thing.”
-Sigmund Freud, 1935


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?