Skip to main content

Let Me Go

Khaimovich was called to the OVIR office.
Khaimovich, I want to know why you have decided to leaver the country,” said the OVIR official.
“No, no, you’ve got it all wrong.  I don’t want to leave, my wife does.”
“So divorce and let her emigrate by herself.”
“Yes, but…it’s not quite that simple.  It’s not only my wife that want to leave but also her mother.”
“What’s the problem? Let those bloody Zionists go. We don’t need them here do we, Khaimovich?”
“Yes, well…but there is also my wife’s brother’s family and then there are my wife’s in-laws and their other children.”
“So, they’ll go, and you and I will remain to build communism."
“But there’s a problem.”
“What?”
“They can’t leave without me.  I’m the only Jew among them.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?