Skip to main content

Speak Up


The phone rings in a Russian apartment block where several Jewish families live.
“Hello, can I speak to Moishe?”
“There’s no one here by that name.”
“I’m sorry, can I speak to Misha?” (a common peasant Russian name)
“Moishe! It’s for you.”

If you do not speak up for your family, who will?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?