Skip to main content

Undertstanding Differences

Once Bertram Russell told me what a wonderful man Gandhi was and said, “One thing about Gandhi drove me crazy.  He came to England and brought a goat with him and drank goat milk."

My reply to him was, “I ‘m glad we had this conversation.  Now I can say what I am thinking.  I understand you very well because I’ve read all your works and, curiously enough, I understand Gandhi too.  I understand the difference between goat’s milk and cow’s milk because I drink both.  You need a fellow like me to interpret Gandhi to you and you to Gandhi.”  -Rabbi Louis Finklestein

Watch. Listen. Learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?