Skip to main content

A Contemporary Psalm 23

The TV is my shepherd
My spiritual growth shall want.
It maketh me to sit down
And do nothing for His name’s sake,
Because it requireth all my leisure time.
It keepeth me from doing my mitzvoth
Because it presenteth so many good shows I must see.
It restoreth my knowledge of the things of the world
And keepeth me from study.
It leadeth me in paths of failing to be  at shul
And useless to humanity.
Yes, though I live to 120
I shall keep viewing my tv as long as it will work,
For it is my closest companion.
It presenteth entertainment before me
And keepeth me from doing important things with my family.
It fills my head with oil
While my mug of beer overflowed.
Surely no good thing will come of my life
Because of so many wasted hours.
And I shall dwell in my remorse

And bitter memories forever.  - Anonymous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?