Skip to main content

Hatred v. Compassion


Rabbi Lee Levine, professor at Hebrew University, had a son in miluim, the Israeli army.  The son, on his way home, saw an old Arab woman rummaging through garbage.  He took pity and gave her his sandwich.  His solider buddy said to him, I don’t know whether I can go to war with you.  You might shoot too late.”  Levine’s son responded, “I don’t know whether I can go to war with you.  You might shoot too soon.”  -Rabbi Jack Reimer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?