Skip to main content

Desire

Richard Nixon approached Ted Sorenson after J.F.K’s inaugural address with these words:
“Ted, I listened to Jack Kennedy’s inaugural yesterday and I have to admit there were some words that he said that I wish I had said.”
Sorenson, touched by Nixon’s comment, said, “I guess you mean the comment about, ‘Ask not what you country can do for you…’.”

“No, not that one, the one about “I solemnly swear…’.” –Richard Nixon

Moral? Perhaps if you want something bad enough....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?