Skip to main content

The Call of Life

The Call of the Wild author, Jack London, voiced his yearning for authentic life over mere living with words that clearly distinguished these two choices: "I would rather be ashes than dust.  I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry rot.  In would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in a magnificent glow than a sleepy and permanent planet.  A proper function of a [person] is to live, not to exist.  I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them; I shall use my time."

Take charge of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?