Skip to main content

Example

It is said of the late Rufus Jones that he spent his lifetime gathering up the wonderful things his son did before he died at the age of 11.  Writing more than forty years after his son’s death, Jones put it like this, “I overheard him once talking with a group of playmates, when each one was telling what he wanted to be when grown up and Lowell said when his turn came, “I want to grow up and be a man like my daddy.”

Few things in life have ever touched me as those words did or have given me greater impulse to dedication.  What kind of a man was I going to be, if I was to be, if I was to be the pattern for my boy!”

Sometimes the push to be our best comes from others.  Sometimes it comes from our children, parents, or siblings.  Sometimes it comes too late.
It is good to know there is someone always watching us, taking cues from our actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?