Skip to main content

Your Destiny


Three Jews who had recently been converted to Episcopalianism were having a drink together in a posh country club.  They started talking about the reasons for their conversions.
“I converted out of love,” the first one said.  Seeing the dubious looks on his friends’ faces, he added, “Not for Christianity but for a Christian girl.  As you know, my wealthy wife insisted that I convert.”
“And I converted in order to succeed in the law,” the second one said.  “I never would have been appointed a federal judge if I hadn’t become Episcopalian.”
“I converted because I think that the teachings of Christianity are superior to those of Judaism,” the third one said.
“Whom are you trying to kid?” the first man answered with considerable heat.  “What do you take us for – a couple of goyim?”   -Charles Silberman

You can never escape who you really are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?