Skip to main content

Where Holiness Stands

A legend:  Two brothers lived side by side on adjoining lands.  One was the head of a large family, the other lived alone.
One night the older brother lay awake and thought, "My brother lives alone without companionship of wife or children to cheer him as I have.  While he sleeps I will carry some of my sheaves into his storehouse."
At the same hour the younger brother reasoned, "My brother has a large family and his needs exceed mine.  As he sleeps I will place some of my sheaves into his storehouse."
Thus the two brothers went out, each laden with sheaves, and met.  There they embraced.  Years later, at the very place where they embraced God decreed would be built the holy Temple in Jerusalem and on the very spot where they met would stand the altar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?