Skip to main content

My Son


I Have a Boy

I’ve a wonderful boy, and I say to  him, “Son
Be fair and be square in the race you must run.
Be brave if you lose and meek if you win.
Be better and nobler than I’ve ever been.
Be honest and noble in all that you do,
And honor the name I have given to you.”

I have a boy and I want him to know
We reap in life just about as we sow,
And we get what we earn, be it little or great.
Regardless of luck and regardless of fate.
I will teach him and show him the best that I can,
That it pays to be honest and upright, a man.

I will make him a pal and partner of mine,
And show him the things in this world that are fine.
I will show him the things that are wicked and bad.
For I figure this knowledge should come from hid dad.
I will walk with him, talk with him, play with him too;
And to all of my promises strive to be true.
-Hugh M. Pierce

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?