Skip to main content

A Prayer for Lighting Candles

 Dear Lord G-d.

I have been a stranger for too long.  It is time to end the silence because now I need You.  I need Your help.  I need Your strength.  Shine Your radiant light into my heart.  Cover every part of it including those parts of it that have been dark.  It is enough darkness.  The time is now that I need that darkness to be expelled.
So fill me.  Fill the dark places.  Fill the empty places.  Flood me with You.
If it is too much to ask that You also fill my loved ones with Your Spirit then at least give me the courage and wisdom and energy to accept what is.
Thank You, Av HaRachamim, Father.
I light these candles as my invitation for You into my heart and home.  Let me know You are here.
Good Yontiff, Good Shabbes,
Your child-

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?