Skip to main content

Real Love

Moishe Lieb Sassover repeated a conversation he overheard between two peasants, while they were drinking.
“Do you love me?” one asked.
“If you love me,” the first one continued, “do you know my needs or my wants?”
“How should I know” was the answer.
“Since you don’t know my needs,” the first peasant retorted, “how can you say that you love me?”
“From this conversation you can learn," the Sassover Rabbi said, “that to love one’s fellow means to know what he is lacking and to share his needs and sufferings.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?