Skip to main content

The Keys

The story is told of Moshe Rabbenu, who had one day approached God with a request for one of the three keys which He himself always kept. These are the keys for rain, food and creation. Moshe continued to pester the Almighty with his request, so finally tiring of him, God said, “All right Moses what do you want?”
He replied, “One of Your keys.”
God answered, “But Moshe, you know I keep these keys for myself. The key of creation is for me and for me alone. Rain I must carefully administer as I pledged never to flood the earth again with the covenant of the rainbow. But since you are My best prophet I shall entrust you with my key for food for one month only." 
At the end of the month, Moses approached God and said, “See Almighty! All of your people are well fed. I gave each and everyone more than enough and now they're happy and satisfied.”
To this God replied, “Moshe, look at that palm tree to your right. Moses turned in approached it.
”Do you see that rock? Pick it up.”
Moses picked it up and saw a tiny ant dead.
”You see Moses-only I have the power to see the natural order of life. Even the tiniest of ants house has a soul and is blessed with My countenance.”  -Isaac Jacob


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?