Skip to main content

A Life Lesson

“I never forgot about what I want to do,” said Kruk, who batted .316 last season and who in eight years in the majors has a career average of .300. “I never forgot about baseball. But my main focus was getting my radiation and killing the cancer. I think the Phillies even think that I’ve been working out every day, but the other day I was tired, I didn’t go. But it came to the point where even if my skills aren’t going to be a sharp when I come back, so be it. I’d rather hit .220 and live and hit .300 in cash it in at the end of the season.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?