Skip to main content

A life Fulfilled

I have learned that silverware tarnishes when it isn’t used; perfume turns to alcohol and never smells as sweet as when it is used; candles melt in the attic over the summer; plastic left on lampshades to keep off the dust make them wrinkle; and ideas that are saved for a dry week often become dated.
I always had a dream what when I am called to give an accounting of my life to a higher court, it will go thusly:
“So empty your pockets. What have you got left of your life? Any dreams that were unfulfilled? Any unused talent that we gave you when you were born that you still have left?  Any unspoken compliments or bits of love that you haven’t spread around?
And I will answer: “I have nothing to return.  I spent everything you gave me.  I am as naked as the day I was born.”  -Erma Bombeck


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?