Skip to main content

Broken

The Berditschever Rabbi was seeking a Shofar-Blower.  Many applied for the post, and he asked each one his   mystic thoughts during the Shofar-blowing.  No one's answer pleased him.  Finally one man said:

"Rabbi, I am unlearned, and I know no mystic thoughts, but I have four daughters to marry, and I have no money for their dowries.  Therefore when I blow the Shofar, I think: 'O Lord of the Universe; I have done my duty in obeying Thy command; do Thou also Thy duty and send me worthy mates for my daughters.'"

The Berditschever Rabbi appointed him to blow the Shofar.  If he thought that he was inadequate for the responsibility, the rabbi chose him and declared him fully adequate. 


Your brokenness is what can bring you wholeness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact

“Between 1305 and the early 1800’s. the House of Taxis ran a form of pony express service all over Europe….   Its couriers clad in blue and silver uniforms, crisscrossed the continent carrying messages between princes and generals, merchants and money lenders.” –Alvin Toffler, The Third Wave We may think we are the first generation consumed by rapid communication but we are not.   Throughout our history it has been a priority. Of course, now in the 21 st century we must ask: are we better or worse for it?